Single Cup Coffee -
Your Source For Single Cup Coffee Brewer and Beverage Systems
At Single Cup Coffee you will find a wealth of information pertaining to the most popular single serve brewing systems on the market. Whether it’s Keurig, Tassimo, Dolce Gusto, Pod brewing, or even if you aren’t looking into a particular system but want to know what is out there you can get the information you are looking for right here.
We delved into the top 8 single cup coffee systems learning all that we could to provide readers with system overviews, details on brewers and beverages offered, compatible accessories, best prices and deals on both brewers and reviews and much more.
The trend of brewing coffee by the cup is quickly gaining ground and many popular companies are entering into the arena. For the consumer, it can be an overload of choices and information. We are excited to provide one place where you can get information on many different products and systems without having to spend hours researching countless different sites.
Featured Article of the Week:
11 Surprising Facts About Coffee
This article is a guest post from our friends at Espresso Essential WA.
Coffee is hands down the most enjoyed drink all over the world. Over 500 billion cups are consumed every year. It is so common and well known that a certain American survey ranked the aroma of coffee as the 2nd most recognizable scent. But if you think that you’ve got coffee all figured out, and consider yourself a coffee lover, well, you’re not a true fanatic of the drink unless you’re aware of the following 11 Surprising Facts About Coffee.
1. Coffee is not a bean. Coffee beans are actually the pit of the coffee cherry. That’s right, coffee is made from the processed and roasted pit of the cherry-like fruit of the coffee plant.
2. The coffee plant is actually a tree. Yes, coffee beans are not even harvested from a plant. The term plant or shrub is used only because coffee trees (they can grow up to 30 meters tall) are deliberately kept small or low like a shrub to facilitate easier harvesting of the coffee cherries.
3. Coffee has the capacity to kill you. But then again, you do need 80-100 cups of brewed coffee to overdose on caffeine! So the urban legends which say you can overdose from drinking several cups hold no real truth. In fact, several famous people throughout history drank coffee like there was no tomorrow. Theodore Roosevelt reportedly consumed one gallon of the drink a day. One gallon! And yes, he did live a long life.
4. Coffee can prolong your life. Instead of killing you, coffee can actual minimize the risk of certain diseases, like cancer. Studies have shown that coffee drinkers are less susceptible to skin cancers and men who drink coffee also have a 20% less chance of getting prostate cancer.
5. Coffee is not the only drink with lots of caffeine. In fact, tea and chocolate in some cases can have higher doses of caffeine per serving. And these days, typical energy drinks contain considerably more caffeine than your average cup of joe.
6. Coffee was discovered by a goat. The story of the discovery of coffee apparently involves a goat herder who observed that his goats were much more energetic and alert after eating the ripe fruits of the coffee tree in 9th century Ethiopia.
7. Coffee is the second most traded commodity. Coffee is second only to oil as the most traded commodity on earth at the present time. As mentioned above, 500 billion cups are consumed a year, 70 cups a year for every single person on earth!
8. Coffee is the father of the first webcam. Actually this is a bit of an exaggeration, but the first webcam was indeed made to let people know that their coffee pot was full. This isn’t a joke, it all happened at The University of Cambridge, where computer scientists came up with an innovative way to monitor the progress of their coffee pot in the next room.
9. Coffee can make you healthier and look more youthful. Coffee contains antioxidants. Antioxidants are the powerful molecules that help protect you by strengthening your immune system, making you look younger by eradicating free radicals which damage your skin, and can also prevent the occurrence of certain cancers.
10. Coffee can boost your sex life. But before you reach for that cup of brew to maximise your bedroom experience, the evidence that supports this is from an experiment made on rats. There is hope though, human-based studies showed that drinking coffee can enhance the sexual experience for those who don’t drink it on a regular basis, especially if they are female.
11. Decaf coffee has caffeine. Decaf coffee has a lot less caffeine than the typical cup but it still has caffeine. In fact, drinking five to ten cups of decaffeinated coffee can give you the same buzz as one cup of brewed coffee.
See the Single Cup Coffee categories below for details on each brew system.
↑ Back to Top